January 29, 2024 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm PST
Nominations Committee Meeting
Where: Online (Zoom)
Chair: Sid Bergsma
The Nominations Committee is the committee responsible for finding people who would be willing to serve on various committees (BOD, FAC, IMC, NMC, CVC, and MSC). The NomComm meets up to discuss how much need there is for new committee members, to discern and discuss potential nominees to fill vacancies, and to assign NomComm members to the task of reaching out to potential nominees to determine their interest in serving on one of these committees.
The role of the Nomination Committee members includes:
1. Contacting and encouraging member churches and District boards to submit to the Committee the names of suitable candidates for Board and Committee vacancies as set forth in the EFCC bylaws.
2. Obtaining a recommendation for each nominee from the local Evangelical Free Church of which that nominee is a member.
3. Endeavouring to present the most qualified candidate(s) for each elected office and ensure that there is at least one nomination from every District of the EFCC.
4. Presenting a slate of nominees along with a brief biography of each nominee to member churches at least sixty (60) days before Conference.
5. Making every reasonable effort to reflect the full geographic, cultural, and gender diversity of the EFCC.
6. And striving to ensure that at least fifty percent (50%) laypeople are nominated to any and all boards and committees.