To the EFCC Family!
I write to you with a heavy and burdened heart. As you are well aware, on October 7, Hamas attacked Israel, causing more than 1,400 casualties and taking 200 hostages (including elderly and children). In response, Israel declared war and launched numerous airstrikes and attacks in Gaza.
Although the situation is rapidly changing, to date, over 5,000 people in Gaza have been killed and 15,000 injured since then. The conflict has caused significant damage to residential areas and infrastructure, including roads, electricity, water, and communication networks. More than one million people have been forced to leave their homes to escape the fighting. Hospitals in Gaza have been badly damaged, leaving many with no electrical service and facing shortages of critical medical supplies.
What Tearfund is Doing
As a Christian international relief and development organization, we are deeply grieved by the devastating escalation in the conflict in Israel and Gaza and how it is impacting the most vulnerable. Right now, the situation is extremely volatile and the ability to send humanitarian aid is very limited. We are vigilantly monitoring the situation and working with our partners at the Foodgrains Bank and Tearfund Family to determine if and how we can respond.
How you can help
“…but if you can do anything, take pity on us and help us.” “If you can?” said Jesus. “Everything is possible for one who believes.” – Mark 9:22-23
While we wait for more clarity on the situation we must fall to our knees in prayer. We know that nothing is too big or too impossible for our God to change; his righteous purposes will be accomplished. Please join us in praying for the conflict in Israel and Gaza. You can use the prayer points below.
- Pray for all those grieving and devasted by the violence, including children, older people and people with disabilities.
- Pray for a breakthrough to bring an end to this recent escalation and ask God to bring peace to the wider Israeli-Palestinian conflict.
- Pray for churches, Christian communities and faith leaders across the region to help others and bridge divides.
- Pray for an immediate ceasefire and an end to hostilities, and for urgent humanitarian access.
- Pray for all those who are terrified, in mourning, and suffering, and for the protection of innocent civilians.
- Pray for us and our partners, that God would grand us wisdom and discernment to help navigate this incredibly complex situation and how best to respond.